Thursday, February 11, 2010

Getting More "Connected" in 2010

One of my goals in 2010 is to be more timely in my responses to everyone that takes the time to reach out to me.  It seems that I'm pretty much the worst person on earth when it comes to responding to phone messages or emails older than 24 hours.  I have a very small memory ring-buffer in my head. 

As part of me working on fixing this issue -  I'm opening up my entire "virtual" life to you all - If you want to reach out and talk (or collaborate on a project) about Security Operations, SIEM, Log Management, Security Monitoring and Analysis, Incident Response, etc - I've provided about every reasonable way I can think of to reach me and I'm committing to being as responsive as I can. 

In addition to my blog - here are some of the best ways to reach me - or learn what I'm up to in 2010:


Twitter "@RockyD"  DM me or at least "@rockyd" me and I'll probably see the message within a few minutes one my phone or desktop.  I'm addicted to Twitter (seriously I think I might need to go to Twitter Rehab). 


Add me to Skype I'm almost always online via Skype either on my phone or at my desk. I'm willing to Video/Voice and Chat as necessary.





Linkedin Profile I use the Linkedin Groups feature to answer questions, though less so over the last few months. I do post there every few days and I use Linkedin in advance of every single professional conversation I have to help have an understanding of who I am talking with.



Google Wave "SecurityProfessional" I'm committing to trying this out for some projects I'm collaborating on and it is working great so far!




Google Buzz: Security Professional. My Information Security related "Buzz". Not committing 100% to Buzz yet, but I will try it out for a while and see how it goes. If you follow me on Buzz it does open up gmail and google chat as another communication opportunity.



Of course there is good old-fashioned email as well.  If you can't figure out my gmail with everything else I've provided above, please get off the internet.  If I don't respond to you within 24 hours - please feel free to ping me again.


Conferences:  I will be attending RSA and B-SidesSF in March and perhaps BH/DC in July.  Always happy to talk in person!  My schedule fills up pretty quick, but I always leave evenings open!

If you can't reach me with any of the above methods I'm either in-person meeting with someone (I don't usually answer to machines if I'm face-to-face with someone - it just seems rude) on an airplane, or I'm dead and if I can I'll either get back with you or haunt you whichever is appropriate. 

In all seriousness, I look forward to talking/collaborating with you in 2010 and beyond. 

No comments: